- Cubic footage : super small
- Location: Very tricky to get to ur kitchen, u might get lost, normally it's on the north pole of the house.
- Utilities: Near to the toilet
- Extra space: Yea, maybe they have, but there are reserved for "washing machine" and the fridge.
Unless you have renovation as the option, reworking the small kitchen space can be very tricky and demanded tremendous energy and consistent effort. I mean, we cook everyday, or almost everyday, right? And we use a lot of spices and raw ingredients which can turn our kitchens into super messy and cluttered spaces in less than 5 minutes. Not to mention the mess on the near vicinity created by the oil splatter.

I told my husband about my dream, of having a kitchen that could be my sanctuary. A super big and spacious kitchen neither necessarily nor sufficient to satisfy my need. It can be moderate in size, but it has to have a very good layout and some other criteria. A kitchen is where a SAHM would spend a lot of her time in her life. I do not really demanding something unrealistic or super expensive, just a few realistic and down to earth (yer la tu) requirements would do it.
1 - Nice storage
Restaurants always have this the food/rations kept in special rooms, the "walking wardrobe" style. Since they may be quite costly :P and not that necessary, i would need some cabinets that could accommodate all my spices, beans, flours, dried noodles, can foods, keropok, kerepek, junk foods etc in a very systematic way - that i could reach out for them anytime. I have this tendency to buy things in bulks. I think it's rather convenient for future use. I found the following idea to be very nice and inspiring, especially for a house with tiny space.

2. - A place where I can access internet and tv easily
I may spend a lot of time there thus i wanted to be able to access internet from my kitchen. Until i became a chef of my own :P i rely very much on the recipes from the net..

And mr Z has been very supportive with the idea of creating some entertainment space in the kitchen, he wanted to give me this (is it necessary? :P)-->

By the way, the following "cook book" is wayy~y cool *juling biji mata*.
This 'Kitchen Sync' might be convenient and perfectly designed to replace a laptop in a kitchen, purposely invented to help the housewives, but i hope the price could get a bit lower to 'help' the househusbands as well.


3. - A place where my kid(s) love to be
I can watch them play or at least do their homework here.

4. - A movable kitchen island
Well, only if we could afford it (money-wise and 'space-wise'), this could be a perfect place to have a simple breakfast or quick brunch. I could create some art stuffs or bake with my kids here :) Purr~fect.

5. - The kitchen cabinets/counters etc should be easy to clean
Easy to clean, this should have came into my number one priority. I hate oily and watery/damp kitchen counters. All the appliances should be kept awa~y from my eyes, hidden in the cabinets. I hate to see things hanging down my kitchen wall or scattered on the kitchen counters. While other housewives have no problem to make sure that all these items are nicely placed on the counters etc, it tend to be a bit messy in our kitchen, since i would move these items a lot.
Owh~kalau ada semua nih dalam dapur, tidur situ pun takper :P Selalunya yang belum ada rumah tend to be a bit ambitious in house hunting, especially bab nak itu ini dalam rumah mereka, before reality check - that is..
Just one teeny meeny problem! I prefer a traditional touch or at least a kitchen equipped with wooden cabinets/furnitures for some warm and cozy feeling

but he just so into the futuristic look and is fascinated with steel kitchen cabinets. As he put it, simple and contemporary..

Wahh~ me - a Kitchen Goddess kunun.
2 Whisperers:
best giler kitchen kabinet yg anak dok main sebelah mak masak tu..fuyyoo..
errmm saya pun suka modern look.. tak suka kaler coklat kayu2 tu :)
tapi takdelah semua nak steel2 ni.. mcm futuristic sgt plak..
tapi mmg betul lah zmn sekrg kalau nk ushar rumah, mmg kitchen selalu tak menjadi priority, kecik cenonet je, kalau dua org masuk husband and wife dah penuh and rasa sesak, tak best lah! tak tambah lagi anak2 pun kita nk ajar selalu masuk dapur kan? ;)
best kan? hehe..
modern look memang cun. tapi entahlerr..sy nih dah tua kutt...nk style kayu-kayan nih:P
dapur sekarang kecik, kena buka dining + dapur wat, tengah2 tuh wat kaunter/island..baru nampak besar sket kut.. hehe..angan2ku
Post a Comment