I love to work. And I wanted to work badly, genuinely, honestly, very much. For those who know the reason, they would stop asking further intriguing questions. And they would know that I didnt drain my brain for the mscie degree just for the sake of adding another few miligrams to the fileholder.
The pressure and temptations are all around me. Forget the countless innocent questions or harass drones, coz i dont really care about other people's views anymore these days. It's all about me, my life. I can do only one thing, and that one thing wasnt cooking, or cleaning, baking, or sewing..or..well, let me make it short. Am very bad at doing all the stuff that requires handskill. And wasnt really the type of the last wanita melayu. I just know how to work, and found out that doing independent research really feeds my left brain very well.
And i think that almost all the research students would somehow be persuaded by the supervisor to continue to higher study, and under their supervision. Err..In my case, to doctorate la..But of course, with all the respect, while being grateful for the unconditional support and innumerable help by my previous supervisor, im still traumatized by the memory of the insufficient time, unavailable expertise(s), un'purchase'able equipments and unreachable facilities, all needed to complete my project. 'Suffocated' was just the perfect word.
My husband has always been very supportive to the ideas of me going to phd, and he has seen me in the future continuing my study, after he'd completed his study..which would be ..say, another 5 years? There's a catch in this :P- I'll help him with his research when he comes back to Malaysia again :P Arggh~ I just dont think i would, even if i could. Obviously, we were both two different entities that work and think in totally the opposite way. Boleh ke kerja di bawah satu projek? Nope..I dont think so :P And honestly, nowadays, my sole pray was to be in my comfortable zone - being at home, by their side.
Then few days ago, the newly 'recruited' supervisee (of my previous sv) contacted me for my 'help'. He would love to further develop my project, which left me floating on the cloud (literally? :P). It wasnt really a big deal if i were a student/academician myself, but the fact that an unknown foreign master student is interested in the project previously developed by this humble housewife, really injected some self-esteem into myself. I mean, whoa, I did contributed something... I did have a thesis. And I really am a mscie graduate...I was a student. Macam tak percaya.
Rasa macam nak start coding semula...
Kalau tulis angan2 kat blog, tak kena ISA kan? :P
2 Whisperers:
zacque,
mula2 sy nk ckp 'baiknya awak sbb jd h wife'.skang mmg tak ramai yg nk dduk umh jg ank2.lg la mcm awak ader mstr.
sy cuba jgk jd h wf(kt sni la), tp rs x bole.actually mmg bagus dduk umh, jg ank2 sndri.kita tentukn apa yg baik utk ank2 kita.entah ler, mngkin jiwa sy bukan di umah:).
tp, sy salute pd awak yg sanggup tinggalkan suma tuh demi ank n suami.h wf bukan last choice, tp pengorbanan mulia isteri.at least awak h wf yg educated!
ayu..
hahaha..bukanlah ikhlas benor sy jadi housewife mula2 nih, cuma skrg jer baru nk mengikhlaskan diri :D ngehehe...
sy masih berminat sgt nk sambung belajar, tp dh comfortable, somehow, jadi hwife nih :)
Post a Comment