Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sukidesu!



Spelling: Sukidesu
Pronunciation: Skides! Pronunced lightly and quickly(Ski- there's)
How to use: ~ ga sukidesu (pronunciation: gak ski-there's), ga is a particle
Meaning: Like, love (verb) (BM: Sayang/suka)



Antonym: Kiraidesu Pronunced as "key-rai-des"
How to use: ~ ga kiraidesu (Same as if you use "sukidesu")

These were the few words I've taught my students during my last class. The first word is quite well known, and widely used in tv japanese dorama or animes. There is actually another word for love- Aishiteru or Aishiteimasu. Compared to 'sukides', the word Aishiteimasu itself contains a very heavy and deep meaning, and is an affectionate word. This might be the reason why 'sukidesu' is used more frequently compared to the latter, somehow comparable to the the word 'suka/sayang' while the latter might refers to 'cinta'. We are more likely to say "Saya suka/sayang dia" in many occasions compared to "Saya cinta dia."

For example:


Gohan ga sukidesu. (Go-hunk gak ski-there's)
Translation: (Saya) suka nasi.


Sakana ga sukidesu. (Sar-car-naa gak ski-there's)


Ringo ga sukidesu. (Ring-go gak ski-there's)


Japanese tends to drop the word "Watashi", or I, in the sentences. Japanese language is very easy to say, you dont have to say "I like to eat nasi/rice." Instead, saying "Like/love nasi" or "gohan ga sukidesu" is adequate and grammartically correct.

By the way, to say that you love someone, you can simply say:
"Anata ga sukidesu" --> I like/love you (Saya sayang awak)...
where, "anata" refers to "you"
or
"haha ga sukidesu" or --> I like/love mother (Saya sayang mak)

However, bear in mind that the more proper way to say that you love someone is by adding the word "no koto" after that person's names/referral names.
For example:
"Anatano koto ga sukidesu." (I like/love you)



"Anatano koto ga dai sukidesu." (I really like/love you)

2 Whisperers:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha..akak,mr hubby nyampah saya duk asyik pronounce ayat2 yg akak bg nie...ekekeeke.. mekacih kak!! hiksss

lady zaini said...

hahaha....nih yg teringin nak dengar nih

 

-StiLL iN LoVe- Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez