Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Little Brother

I tried to prepare Aisyah for the arrival of her new sibling in every possible ways that I could think of (to stagger some time for her to be ready for the possible changes) but was consistently frustrated by her passive response. She did not bother to show even the slightest interest on the soon to come baby. She even poked my tummy while I was telling her that she would have a baby brother soon, and that was when I decided that I should expect some sibling rivalry and her being extra crabby and demanding!
 It was not until in the final weeks of my pregnancy that out of the blue, she pointed out to my tummy saying "adik baby" and then called herself "kakak Aisyah".. :)

She first met her baby brother the day after the delivery. At that  time, the nurse was positioning him on her lap, trying to get him to burp. She was really amused by that and giggled happily ':) And there you go, she fell in love with him from the very first moment she laid her eyes on him.. She found him to be "very cute" and "very small". She call him "beautiful baby".

She has her own way of showing her role and love :)..


Well, when cik F's two and half years old daughter, Sufiya was approaching the cradle, Aisyah stopped her and said "No! Don't touch".. After Sufiya's second relentless attempt to approach the baby cradle, Aisyah seemed to allow her to do so, but with a strict and loud warning, "Be Careful!" Both cik F and me was laughing hard at her showing her being big sister. The other time, when another young visitor, cik Azie's one year old daughter went to the same cradle, Aisyah again stopped this "intruder" and shouted "Stop! Mine!!"

Well, she is very helpful and I find it to be rather cute sometimes. Yes i mean it - SOMETIMES...

HE'S CRYING
She heard him crying and rushed to her cradle
"Baby! I'm comiiiiiiiing baby. It's ok baby, Esyah ada.."

And then began to search for new diapers and jelly etc for her baby brother. But it was funny though when she complaint about him crying during her favorite TV shows.

"Mama. This baby is noise! This baby 'ekk, ekkk'! "

HE'S SLEEPING
"Auwww! Adik baby is sleeping. Soo cute"
And then started to scream, err, sing,
"Im a butterfly, I can fly, fly, I fly..."

And hundreds other ways of her showing her love towards her baby brother, to the extend that she wanted to bathe him and clean him..Ended up, mama kena cuci dua-dua org sekali..huhu.

 I love you both. 
(Abaikan pameran lukisan bersepah oleh kakaknya itu)

Well, she just cant resist the temptation to touch n tickle his tiny feet...even while he's sleeping. Penatnya..

But I know that everything's worth the sacrifice when I find myself spending hours looking at them..

6 Whisperers:

Idayu said...

ala...kakak aisyah comeiinyer!! pandai jaga adik yea?..

ida_zy said...

salam ladyz

akhirnya awak update yeay
sesungguhnya anak2 adalah permata paling berharga :)
(ye ye o je saya haha)

Kamalia said...

ala,bestnye datin z..xde ye ecah kacau adik die..bagus2..kakak yg baik..siap nk tlg mama mandikn adik skali.:-)
p/s::ecah sm ngn amni..suka nyanyi lagu butterfly..::(tp lagu butterfly yg sama ke??ntah..)

MQ said...

can't imagine handling a toddler and a baby during confinement..huhu..all the best, try to take some rest ye whenever is possible :)

lady zaini said...

Ayu,
tuh yang saya cerita yang indah2 jer dulu, hehe. Kalau mood tak elok ada jugak ler dia merajuk :((

Ida,
awak tuh bila nak update? :P
tu la, budak2 memang comel, anak sendiri atau anak orang pun sam. suci. saya rasa dunia saya sekarang pasal diorang jer :) all about them :D

lady zaini said...

datin k,
memang wujud yerk lagu butterfly tuh? kekeke...ingatkan dia reka2 jer..tiap kali dia menyibuk nk mandikan adiknya, memang cuak gilerr. hilang napas tengok dia nk curah air ke muka n kepala adik :((

mq,
thanx:) saya sekarang mostly ikut waktu si kecil. sedih jugak terpaksa sogok aisyah dengan tv, tapi lepas nih bila dah kuat sikit harap everything will be back to normal..

 

-StiLL iN LoVe- Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez