I had this delicious carrot cake when I was in the St Boniface Hospital, and was planning to make one but had always ended up with some lame excuses such as..you know, the kids were being difficult, some of the ingredients were not available, the time...blablabla. But I went crazy when I saw in datin K's blog the cake she made for her family that sure look as delicious as, if not more than, the one that I had after the delivery. I want! I want!
So there you go, I made one. I can assure you it was as yummy and healthy as well :) As I was layering the frosting, my not-so-little anymore Aisyah came in:
Aisyah: Wow. I want to blow! I want to blow!
Me: What? Blow? Why do you want to blow?
Aisyah: It's a birthday cake.
Me: Ic
I decided to give my cake a pretty topper by adding some sprinkles. Alas, that was all I could think of :P As I was sprinkling the tiny stuff, she interrupted again
Aisyah: Is that mine?
Me: Err...yup!
Aisyah: Wow. We need more of this (referring to the sprinkles)
Amboi! So you want me to add more sprinkles because it was "your cake"? hmm...
Sian, birthday tahun nih mama gave birth to her brother so I was totally worn out..and both mr z and I have decided not to make candle-blowing-cake as our family custom, so we gave her some toys etc without the cake, but I guess she figured it out by herself.
So here's our incidental birthday cake,
Comot kek mama, but we liked it very much that I made it again today..ngehehe.
3 strawberries to mark 3 years..err, didnt plan on that either. Happy very belated birthday, Aisyah :)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Whisperers:
happy belated birthday aisyah..sian kakak yea, tak pe kek tuh pon kawaii jugak :)
happy belated birthday aisyah..xpe2,next year boleh celebrate sama ngn Ayyan ye..what a gorgeous cake mama!!nyum...nyum..
Siannn ecah.
Kek tuh kawaii? gorgeous? ahaha, you gals are very kind :P
eniwei, thank you thank you :D
presentation dan rupa paras masakan tak penting utk home cooked food, yg penting air tgn dan keikhlasan mama tu yg buat makanan tu jadi istimewa, berkat jadi darah daging..
I think sampai the kids around 5 y.o, dah masuk preschool baru dorang tau betul2 makna celebrate birthday ni..tahun2 sebelum tu selalu mak bapak yg beriya, more to show off pon ada jugak..might as well save the money meant for the celebration tu, spend on things yg mmg membahagiakan anak, beli buku, toys or buat apa2 aktiviti yg dia suka..after all it's his/her day..
Post a Comment